It nestles in the countryside just a few miles south of the famous spa town of Royal Tunbridge Wells.
It’s the largest parish in East Sussex and also one of the oldest settlements within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, dating back to Saxon times.
It is easily reached by road and rail links, being just an hour’s train journey from London. As the crow flies, it’s only 20 miles from Gatwick International Airport, and 17 miles from the M25 orbital motorway.
Wander out of the village and you’re soon lost in the natural surroundings of woodland walks and country lanes.
How to get here:
Southern Railways – London (London Bridge, London Victoria) to Crowborough (Rotherfield 3 miles)
Pre-book taxi – Concorde Cars (01892 853333)
Train Information: 08451 272920
- from M25 (London’s orbital motorway)
- exit junction 5 south on to A21
- exit A21 on to A264 to Tunbridge Wells
- continue through Tunbridge Wells and follow signs to Eastbourne A 267
- continue on A267 through Frant to Mark Cross
- at Mark Cross turn right past Sussex Country Gardens signposted Rotherfield (B2100)
- continue straight through Town Row into Rotherfield